Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations Obama!

As of this writing I have seeded, on Newsvine, 270 links, the exact number Obama needed in electoral votes to win this thing. Well, he far surpassed that, and I think this election is as much a referendum on George W Bush and the failed policies of his administration as anything else.

It's also, as many pundits have put it, a transformational election. Nobody, regardless of political affiliation, can deny that. America has just elected the first Black President in its history. For the first time ever we have someone other than an old white guy at the helm--and that, in and of itself, is pretty damn cool.

So while I may not agree with Senator Obama on many things, I'm still filled with pride that America has come as far as it has. I think Obama has a real chance to govern from the center, for all of America, and I hope and challenge him to do so, and to work with his opponents in the coming years to make this country as great as it can be.

Congratulations Obama. You deserve it.

And on a side note, good job McCain, too. You fought hard, and bowed out graciously. You will always be one of the most admirable public servants this country has ever been blessed with.

1 comments:

Eowyn said...

E.D., by golly. You said what I think exactly and eloquently. (And what most of us are thinking.)

Very cool, indeed. Thanks :)