Wednesday, October 22, 2008

13 days ladies and gentlemen


It is a strange and somewhat exhilarating thing when one considers the fact that we are a mere 13 days away from electing the next President of the United States.

At this point, I hope for their own sakes that the conservatives lose. I want to see the utter destruction of the Far Right along with social conservatism as we now know it and the runaway supply side economics and trickle down economics that are simply not working.

I want to see a simpler, fairer tax code emerge, and better, more straightforward regulations. I'm not a protectionist but I also realize that we can do more as a country to save American jobs. We need not enrich the investment class while bankrupting everyone else. We can still be a part of globalization.

I want to see the utter destruction of the Far Left, too, and I think nobody will do that better than Obama. A McCain presidency will only invigorate them. I look forward to a New Center. That's my own personal pipe-dream.

0 comments: