Thursday, October 16, 2008

Conservative reaction to the debate

Once again I see this completely out-of-touch reaction amongst conservative bloggers to last night's debate. Once again there is this notion that he did wonderfully. Comment threads reveal this idea that he "smashed" Obama.

I just don't see it. I really don't. I've been extremely neutral--even leaning toward McCain for the vast majority of this race--and I try to listen to these debates the way moderates and independents would. Conservatives are having a hard time understanding this. They think the echo-chamber will work. They think the attacks that have failed will somehow suddenly start working. Ayers is a dead end.

What am I saying? McCain is a dead end at this point. It's sad, really. I hold very few politicians in as high regard as John McCain, and yet this election has changed him. Big time.

Realistically, who's surprised that the conservative bloggers are hailing this as a win? McCain did do better than usual, but a win???

0 comments: